Sunday, April 17, 2011

a cut down tree

Ian broke up with me this past Friday night. He's depressed and wants to be alone to process the loss of his divorce that happened about a year ago. He thought he was ready for a relationship, and that's where I entered the picture 4 months ago. Now it's over, and I feel devastated.

I have the image of a tree in my head. A tree full of green apples, not yet ripe. I feel like he chopped that tree down. All my hopes and efforts are gone. All the plans we had will never be realized. I thankful for the times we had together. I wouldn't take them back.

As Pablo Neruda says, "Es tan corto el amor, es tan largo el olvido." Love is so short, forgetting is so long.

1 comment:

eeh9313 said...

keep your chin up, you seem like a pretty cool person and i'm sure someone will see that :)