Monday, January 10, 2011

paradigm shift

I don't know how to feel about not caring about recycling. I think it's something I should care about, and I used to care about, but I don't anymore.
It also doesn't bother me that I drive a car, and eat meat, and fly on airplanes. It used to bug me. Three years ago I sold my car and bike commuted before selling all my possessions and moving to Asia. I used to feel guilty about eating meat, and lived for months being vegetarian and cheating. Now I just eat meat, and I love it.
I used to worry about what would happen if we killed our planet. Now I just believe that we are going to kill our planet and there is nothing we can do about it. We are at the 59th hour, and even if we backpedal as much as we can, it's all over (or so I've read and come to believe). Not that i'm horribly wasteful and apathetic, I've just released the mother earth guilt,

and it feels good.

No comments: