Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Where I'm From poem

My class is writing "Where I'm From" poems. I did one, too.





Where I’m From


By, Ms. Kraft



I am from toy horses, from soccer and Goosebumps books.


I am from the house on the corner with chiles painted on the mailbox.


I am from the yucca plant and the Poinsettia at Christmas time.


I am from pizza and soda on Fridays with the Babysitter, from the family who talks over one another, from Richard and Tina Louise.


I am from the over-eaters and the after-dinner walkers.


From “Be a good example for your brothers, and “Don’t fill up on bread.”


Soy de Albuquerque, and Spaghetti and Clams.


From the time my guinea pig Hattie Jean died and I kept a lock of her hair so I would remember her always.


From the way Dad drinks coffee every morning and the black jelly beans my grandma eats.


I am from “the tower” out back, my hiding place on the side yard, and my bedroom with walls painted purple.



Edward Gonzales E.S.

January, 2011

1 comment:

-- Charlie said...

absolutely awesome.